- Job Openings
- Career & Job Placement
- Consumer Information & Disclosures
- Prepare for your State Exam
- Leave of Absence
- Start your Career!
- Student Salon Services
Career & Job Placement
Upon successfully completion of the course of study chosen, the graduate may register for employment assistance in the Placement Department or Registrar.
Since this institution is dedicated to excellence in its training programs; it goes one step further in utilizing its best efforts in seeking, guiding and advising graduates to find gainful and meaningful job opportunities. However, the institution advises students upon enrollment that the law prohibits any school from guaranteeing placement as an inducement. The Institution offers employment assistance to help graduate’s efforts to secure education-related employment that includes, but is not limited to training in:
b. Resume development
c. Interview preparation
d. Job search skills
The institution does not guarantee employment.
Want to hire our graduates? Submit your request here:
McAllen- Contact Laura Castro at (956) 687-9444 ext. 320 for current listings.
Harlingen- Contact Illiana Chairez at (956) 412-1212 for current listings.
La Joya- Contact Erika Ramirez at (956) 581-8227 for current listings.
San Antonio (Naco Perrin)- Contact Veronica Luna at (210) 654-9734 for current listings.
San Antonio (Jamar)- Contact Ernestina Martinez at (210) 433-7222 for current listings.
GENERAL PRE REQUISITES FOR EMPLOYMENT IN TEXAS
Individuals graduating from our Institution and seeking employment in the state of Texas for the course chosen, must meet the following criteria:
- Meet general eligibility for Licensing: 83.20. License Requirements–Individuals http://www.license.state.tx.us/cosmet/cosmetrules.htm#8320
- Pass State Exams: 83.21. License Requirements–Examinations http://www.license.state.tx.us/cosmet/cosmetrules.htm#8321
- Hold an active license: Section 1602.251. License or Certificate Required http://www.license.state.tx.us/cosmet/cosmetlaw.htm#251
- Meet Eligibility for specific course chosen: Eligibility for Licensing: http://www.license.state.tx.us/cosmet/cosmetlaw.htm#254 http://www.license.state.tx.us/cosmet/cosmetlaw.htm#255 http://www.license.state.tx.us/cosmet/cosmetlaw.htm#256 http://www.license.state.tx.us/cosmet/cosmetlaw.htm#257
- Must seek employment in a licensed facility: Section 1602.301. Facility License Required http://www.license.state.tx.us/cosmet/cosmetlaw.htm#301
- Must comply with Employer Verification Form I-9: The Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 (IRCA) legally mandates that U.S. employers verify the employment eligibility status of newly-hired employees using Form I-9. http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-9.pdf
Factors that might prevent graduates from obtaining employment may be:
- Failure to pass State Exam(s).
- Failure to apply for a license with Texas Department of Licensing & Regulation & pay the required fee.
- Failure to hold an active license with Texas Department of Licensing & Regulation.
- Failure to seek employment at a licensed facility by Texas Department of Licensing & Regulation.
- Failure to provide employer with Employee Verfication documents as required in Form I-9